4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 5, 2018 5:35 AM by Reynaldson Aceberos RSS

    Section Access! Help

    Reynaldson Aceberos

      Hi to all i have this problem in implementing section access and i cant figure it out why it doesn't work

       

      here's my code

       

      Binary [lib://Qlik Binary/af34aa7a-c229-4a75-aa12-3daa2dc5fb68];
      
      Section Access;
      
      
      SecurityTable:
      Load * Inline 
      [
      ACCESS, USERID,OMIT,Business Unit
      USER,qlik-svr\dps.purchasing1,,DEPARTMENT STORES
      USER,qlik-svr\dps.purchasing2,,DEPARTMENT STORES
      USER,qlik-svr\dps.operations1,,DEPARTMENT STORES
      USER,qlik-svr\spm.purchasing1,,SUPERMARKETS
      USER,qlik-svr\spm.purchasing2,,SUPERMARKETS
      USER,qlik-svr\spm.operations1,,SUPERMARKETS
      USER,qlik-svr\sps.purchasing1,,SPECIALTY STORES
      USER,qlik-svr\accouting.finance,,*
      USER,qlik-svr\finance.design,,*
      USER,qlik-svr\ict.retailapps,,*
      USER,qlik-svr\ict.develop,,*
      USER,qlik-svr\ict.design,,*
      ];
      
      
      
      
        • Re: Section Access! Help
          Gysbert Wassenaar

          All the fields in the section access table should be in CAPITAL letters. And in my experience the field values should be too.

           

          SecurityTable:

          Load

               Upper(ACCESS) as ACCESS,

               Upper(USERID) as USERID,

               Upper(OMIT) as OMIT,

               Upper([Business Unit]) as [BUSINESS UNIT]

          Inline 

          [

          ACCESS, USERID,OMIT,Business Unit

          USER,qlik-svr\dps.purchasing1,,DEPARTMENT STORES

          USER,qlik-svr\dps.purchasing2,,DEPARTMENT STORES

          USER,qlik-svr\dps.operations1,,DEPARTMENT STORES

          USER,qlik-svr\spm.purchasing1,,SUPERMARKETS

          USER,qlik-svr\spm.purchasing2,,SUPERMARKETS

          USER,qlik-svr\spm.operations1,,SUPERMARKETS

          USER,qlik-svr\sps.purchasing1,,SPECIALTY STORES

          USER,qlik-svr\accouting.finance,,*

          USER,qlik-svr\finance.design,,*

          USER,qlik-svr\ict.retailapps,,*

          USER,qlik-svr\ict.develop,,*

          USER,qlik-svr\ict.design,,*

          ];

           

          Dont forget to rename Business Unit in your regular data model as well.

            • Re: Section Access! Help
              Reynaldson Aceberos

              hmmm... but the credentials that i give was in lower case... so that means i need to update all the usersm and make it upper case?

               

              btw thanks for the help... i really appreciate it

              • Re: Section Access! Help
                Reynaldson Aceberos

                ahahahahahaha dont mind my 2nd question i tried it using upper case to log in and it works

                • Re: Section Access! Help
                  Reynaldson Aceberos

                  hi mate i twerk a little bit your code

                   

                  Load

                      Upper(ACCESS) as ACCESS,

                      Upper(USERID) as USERID,

                      Upper(OMIT) as OMIT,

                      Upper(REDUCTION) as [BUSINESS UNIT]

                  Inline

                  [

                  ACCESS, USERID,OMIT,REDUCTION

                  USER,qlik-svr\dps.purchasing1,,DEPARTMENT STORES

                  USER,qlik-svr\dps.purchasing2,,DEPARTMENT STORES

                  USER,qlik-svr\dps.operations1,,DEPARTMENT STORES

                  USER,qlik-svr\spm.purchasing1,,SUPERMARKETS

                  USER,qlik-svr\spm.purchasing2,,SUPERMARKETS

                  USER,qlik-svr\spm.operations1,,SUPERMARKETS

                  USER,qlik-svr\sps.purchasing1,,SPECIALTY STORES

                  USER,qlik-svr\accouting.finance,,*

                  USER,qlik-svr\finance.design,,*

                  USER,qlik-svr\ict.retailapps,,*

                  USER,qlik-svr\ict.develop,,*

                  USER,qlik-svr\ict.design,,*

                  ];

                   

                  i change the Business Unit to REDUCTION coz it prompts "Business Unit not found" but the rest is okay now....